Maintain Your Health with ExerciseFebruary 4, 2019
By performing simply exercises on a regular basis, you are able to avoid chronic pain, which can seriously affect your health and diminish your quality of life. Here are some of the best ways to improve your health by preventing chronic pain!
- Build muscle: Your body requires muscle for support, since weak or little muscle means your bones will be taking on all of the strain. Strengthen all parts of your body, including arms, legs, back, and core to give your bones a rest!
- Sleep well: Avoid sleeping on your back and watch your sleep patterns and posture to avoid waking up with aching muscles and joints.
- Stay flexible: Maintain a wide range of joint motion and reduce muscle tightness. The best way to do this is through aerobic exercises including walking, swimming, or cycling.
- Be careful with heavy things: When lifting heavy items, bend at the knee when picking the object up so the stress goes to your legs rather than your back. If something is too heavy, don’t feel embarrassed to ask for help. Better to ask for help than to cause your back to hurt!
- Improve your posture: It may sound simple, but one of the best ways to keep your back strong is by standing up straight and maintaining a healthy posture, which can also maintain your joint health. A correct posture can prevent serious problems from arising down the road and will also make you look taller and more confident.
- Get regular professional advice: see a chiropractor regularly to treat even the slightest pain or stress before it becomes a serious problem. A trained chiropractor can provide you with information on how to keep your back healthy and the best treatments to stop things from snowballing. Everyone encounters pain once in a while but getting help for it at the onset can make sure it becomes a non-issue.
Come see us at Simpson Medical to learn more about how to prevent and treat back pain with our talented team.